Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Me and my racing bike

Port Burwell bluff
This was Oct 8, overlooking Lake Erie at Port Burwell.  The round trip from Ingersoll to Port Burwell is my favourite ride.  It’s mostly quiet country roads, with lightly rolling hills.  There’s a few fun climbs crossing Big Otter Creek, which I cross about four times each direction.  This route, down Delmer line through Straffordville and back along Culliton Road is 110 km. 
The bike is my Scott Speedster S30 which I got last spring.  The odometer recorded 2200 km over the summer.  It’s got new blue handlebar tape since my crash in September.  I’m considering replacing the helmet.  The crash left visible damage, and people are telling me that it needs replaced.  I’m obsessive about reading the directions, terms of service, rules, so of course I know that the manufacturer recommends it.  This picture, however, made me realize that the colour doesn’t match.  That’s a good reason. 

1 comment:

  1. great photo! looks like an awesome bike route!

    ReplyDelete